Appetizer Ham Balls with Hawaiian Punch Sauce
Purchased from a garage sale in 1994. Date and source unknown. This is incredibly good. I have served it at three baby showers and am always asked for the recipe.
- 1/3-cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2/3 cup Hawaiian punch
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 cloves whole
- 1/3-cup dark corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all meatball ingredients and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake about 20 minutes, or until browned.
- To make sauce, combine brown sugar, flour and mustard, mixing well.
- Add punch and vinegar and mix well. Add cloves and corn syrup.
- Over medium heat cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and becomes clear.
- Place Ham balls in crock-pot and pour sauce over all.