Amazing Chicken Noodle Soup
Some cream really improves the texture, and a little lemon juice and zest really helps kick up the flavor of ordinary chicken soup!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbs lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 large carrot, finely diced
- 3 bay leaves
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add vegetables and a pinch of salt and cook until onion is translucent. There should be no sizzling.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove herbs and check for taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste, before serving.
Notes, Tips, and Variations
If you're feeling adventurous, add some cayenne, hot sauce, or red pepper flake while it's cooking to add some heat! Chipotle chiles also work beautifully.