Alternative:Whole Wheat Waffles
|Alternative:Whole Wheat Waffles|
|Servings:||four 4 section waffles|
|Time:||prep 10 minutes
then 5 minutes per waffle
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Heat waffle iron to "waffle," until light goes out.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, and eggs, mix until smooth.
- Pour 1 cup of batter on oiled waffle iron grids, bake 5 minutes or until light goes out.
Notes, tips and variations
- Generally served with butter melted on top, then sweet syrup.
- Fruit may be spread on top.