|Time:||prep: 12 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
Taco Casserole is a casserole with taco ingredients.
- 1 pound (450g) of ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 8 ounces (225g) of tomato sauce
- 3 tortillas in bits
- 3 cups of shredded cheese - your choice of type
- Brown the ground beef in skillet on medium heat.
- Drain the ground beef.
- Dump the ground beef back on the skillet.
- While on medium heat mix in the taco seasoning, the chili powder, the garlic powder, and the tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the ground beef mixture, tortilla bits, and the cheese together in a casserole dish.
- Bake in oven at 375°F (190°C) for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.