Steamed rice is a simple dish but many people have trouble cooking it - being too much rice or too much water.
This recipe for steamed rice is failsafe and does not require special rice cookers or microwaves.
- 1 part rice - 1 cup (250ml, 8.5 fl oz) is enough rice for three adults.
- 2 parts water
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- The universal rule with cooking steamed rice is that the proportion of water should be double that of the rice. If you use one cup of rice you must use two cups of water. If you use two cups of rice you must use four cups of water.
- Place the rice in a deep saucepan with lid
- There is no need to wash the rice but you can if you choose to.