Rakott Krumpli (potato casserole) baked in the oven, a popular dish in Hungary.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 350 grams sour cream called Tejföl or Smetana. Ordinary sour cream will soak the dish.
- 4 tablespoon olive oil.
The dish works fine without meat as well. Optional.
- 1 Kolbasz (Hungarian sausage)
- Cook the potatoes for about twenty five minutes.
- Put a little olive oil in the bowl.
- Peel the potatoes and the eggs.
- Slice eggs, potatoes (and kolbasz if you wish) into slices and arrange in alternating layers of potatoes, eggs, salt or kolbasz in the bowl. Spread the olive oil over the dish and top with Smetena sour cream.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 35 minute