Almond Fudge-topped Shortbread
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter, powdered sugar and salt in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add flour; stir until well blended.
- With floured hands, press evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Shortly before end of baking time, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until chips are melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in almond extract.
- Spread evenly over baked shortbread.
- Sprinkle with almonds; press down firmly.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars.
- Store covered at room temperature.