- First cream the butter and gradually beat in the sugar.
- Reserve the white of one egg to glaze the cakes.
- Beat the yolk of this egg and the other whole egg; add to the creamed ingredients with the milk, flour and flavoring.
- More flour may be needed.
- The dough must be stiff enough to hold its shape when baked.
- Take a little of the dough onto a floured board, turn it in the flour with a knife, then knead slightly and with the rolling pin roll into a thin sheet.
- With a french patty cutter stamp the dough into rounds and stamp each round with the same cutter again, to divide each into a crescent and an oval shaped cake.
- Set these on buttered baking pans.
- Press upon each three halves of almonds, then brush over with the white of egg, reserved for the purpose, and sprinkle the whole with granulated sugar.
- Bake in a quick oven to a pale straw color.