Sweet layered pastries, similar to baklava
- 25 minutes 5 minutess prep
- 7 servings
- 250 g ground almonds
- 300 g butter
- 225 g confectioners' sugar
- lemon, rind of
- vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- almond extract
- ¼ kg plain flour
- Beat the butter with the sugar and essences.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Incorporate the flour and the almonds and knead lightly.
- Place dough in the fridge for about ½ hour.
- Roll out the dough and cut out rounds.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes on greased and floured baking sheets.
- Take 2 rounds and put the together with marmalade, melted chocolate or dulce de leche.
- Then you can also roll the wet edges in shaved coconut.