Pork chunks in red wine and coriander seeds sauce
- 1 kg / 2 lb boned lean pork, diced
- 1 glass / 200 ml red wine
- 1 – 2 tbsp coriander seeds, coarsely crushed
- salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 6 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Marinate the meat in the wine and spices for at least 4 hours overnight if possible.
- Lift the meat out and save the marinade for later.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pot and brown the cubes of meat, a few at a time, until all are crisp and brown.
- Add more oil if necessary.
- Wipe any excess oil from the pan and return all the meat, pour over the marinade and add enough cold water to just cover the meat.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook gently, either in the oven or on the hob for about 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Almost all of the liquid should have evaporated to leave a thick sauce.
- If necessary cook the afelia uncovered for a further 10 minutes to reduce excess liquid.