Vegetable Soup with Sour Cream
In Romanian: Supa de zarzavat cu smantana
- 3 qts / 3 l water
- 1 onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small parsley root
- a handful of green beans
- 2 potatoes
- 3 – 4 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley and dill
- ½ cup sour cream or yogurt
- Set to boil the julienned carrot, parsley root and onion, the green beans cut in pieces, cubed potatoes.
- After boiling for a little while, add the peeled, seeded, and cut tomatoes and the salt.
- Fry the flour in butter and add to the soup, stirring continuously.
- Add the chopped parsley and dill and let boil, covered, at low temperature, for a few minutes.
- When serving, mix soup with one tablespoon of sour cream or yogurt per individual soup bowl.