Valentine Pineapple Dessert
Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 cup pineapple juice
- 4 cup water
- 8 (3 oz) packages cherry Jell-o, or gelatin
- 5 or 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 qts. strawberry ice cream
- 2 (7½ oz) boxes vanilla wafers, rolled fine, or crushed in food processor
- ⅔ cup margarine, melted (for wafers)
- Bring to boil: pineapple juice and water; Add Jell-o.
- Refrigerate until slightly jelled.
- Mix vanilla wafers and margarine.
- Press about ⅔ of the wafer mixture in the bottom of pan.
- When Jell-o is slightly jelled beat with electric mixer and add mashed bananas and ice cream alternately.
- Pour mixture into 2 (9 x 13 inch) pans and sprinkle rest of crumbs on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.