This soup is also delicious served cold with sprinkled olive oil instead of butter.
- Wash the tomatoes and set to boil with 1 pint / 500 ml water.
- When the tomatoes have softened, strain. Grate the carrot, parsley root and Onion and set to boil with garlic and 1 qt / 1 l water, until all vegetables are tender.
- Then strain and add the tomato liquid to the vegetable liquid.
- Also add rice, salt and Sugar, letting everything boil, covered, until the rice is half done.
- Dust the flour over the soup, stir it and let boil until the rice is done.
- Add chopped dill, parsley and butter.