Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Drain tofu in a colander, then weigh down tofu with something heavy.
- Let it sit in the sink while preparing the sauce.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and juice from the pineapple in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil until thick and clear.
- Slice tofu into cubes and add to sauce; marinate while rice cooks or 1 hour.
- Slice onion and pepper into thin strips.
- Combine with tofu and sauce and pineapple chunks.
- Heat until vegetables soften, then serve over rice or Chinese noodles.