Sweet and Sour Tofu
- 1 (20 ounce) container tofu
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks or tidbits
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- rice or Chinese noodles
- Drain tofu in a colander, then weigh down tofu with something heavy.
- Let it sit in the sink while preparing the sauce.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and juice from the pineapple in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil until thick and clear.
- Slice tofu into cubes and add to sauce; marinate while rice cooks or 1 hour.
- Slice onion and pepper into thin strips.
- Combine with tofu and sauce and pineapple chunks.
- Heat until vegetables soften, then serve over rice or Chinese noodles.