Raspberry Rice Dessert
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 x 3-ounce package raspberry flavored gelatin dessert
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1½ cups whipping cream, whipped
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries, divided
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in medium bowl; add cold water.
- Place bowl in ice water and stir until gelatin is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites; stir in rice.
- Fold in whipped cream until smooth.
- Lightly fold in almonds and 1 cup raspberries.
- Continue to stir gently (over ice) until thickened.
- Pour into dessert dishes.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Garnish with remaining ½ cup raspberries.