Peppers in vinegar
- peppers in vinegars are much liked salad in all Balkan countries. One can buy them in tins.
- 50 round red or mixture of red and green peppers (You can cut them in 2-3 pieces and remove seeds)
- 2 cups oil
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 quarts wine vineger
- 1/2 cups oil per jar
- vinegar solution to pour over 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water
- 6 cloves garlic
- 10 grains pepper
- Wash peppers, dry and prick several times with a toothpick.
- Fry in oil for 3 minutes, turning frequently.
- Drain, then cook in mixture of Sugar and 2 quarts vinegar for 10 minutes.
- Drain peppers and place in wide jars pressing them together.
- Dilute remaining vineger with equal amount of water ,peppers,garlic and pour over peppers to cover them.
- Pour 1/2 cup of oil into each jar. Seal jars well. Store in a cool place.