Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Sugar*
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup fresh peach chunks**
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- toasted sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
- Combine rice, Sugar and milk in 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes until thick and creamy; stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Fold in almonds and whipped cream.
- Alternate rice pudding and peaches in parfait glasses or dessert dishes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds, if desired.