Middle Eastern Tomato Soup
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir with a whisk until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Serve chilled garnished with basil.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group