Mexican Chicken I
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 150 ml natural yoghurt
- Mix the chilli powder with the celery salt, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup, chicken stock and Tabasco sauce.
- Deeply score the chicken and arrange in a flameproof dish.
- Pour over the chilli mixture, heat the grill to high and cook the chicken for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Baste the chicken thoroughly with the chilli sauce and grill for a further 10 minutes or until the meat is tender and the juices run clear.
- Transfer the chicken to a warmed serving dish and spoon over any sauce from the grill pan.
- Top each portion with a generous dollop of natural yoghurt.
- Garnish with coriander or parsley sprigs and serve with a salad.