Melon Ball Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Revision as of 10:33, 5 May 2012 by RealRecipes (Text replace - "* Contributed by [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group]" to "From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"<ref>"Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group</ref>")
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Edmonds Estate in Canton, Texas in 1987. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 3 cups bite sized pieces of melon
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place onion slices in a small bowl and cover with cold water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry then combine with melon balls, lettuce and herbs then toss gently to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette and toss gently with melon mixture.
- Serve immediately.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group