Low-fat Apricot Rice Pudding
Makes 4 servings.
- 1½ cups cooked rice
- 1½ cups skim milk, divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup chopped apricots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine rice, 1 cup milk, Sugar and butter in 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg yolk with remaining ½ cup milk.
- Stir egg mixture and apricots into rice mixture; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vanilla.