- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Heat ghee in a large heavy pan, add rava.
- Stir and roast on low for 7-8 minutes or till aroma exudes.
- Side by side, put water to boil, add Sugar, bring to a boil.
- Add boiling water to the rava, little at a time stirring continuously. Take care to protect hands from the spluttering.
- When well mixed, check rava grain between fingers and taste for sweetness.
- Adjust sweetness, and add more boiling water if grain is hard.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover and simmer till ghee separates. Save a small amount of almonds and pistas for garnishing.
- Add colour if desired and mix well.
- Grease a katori or steel cup. Press hot bhath inside it, and unmould onto a plate.
- Garnish with a few slivers of almonds and pistas, serve hot.