Greek Frappé Coffee
Frappé drinking is a must in Greece. If you are planning to visit Greece on the summer do not hesitate to order in a cafeteria a frappé. To order it, just ask for a frappé glykos or metrios or sketos (sweet or medium or with no sugar) me gala or xwris gala (with milk or without milk).
- 2 tsp instant coffee (add 1 spoon if you do not want the coffee to have strong taste)
- ¾ cup of cold water
- 1 tsp sugar, optional
- milk, optional
- 2 ice cubes
- Add the coffee, sugar and a little water (4 – 5 spoons) into the shaker.
- Shake until thick and foamy.
- Strain the coffee into a tall glass and add the rest of the water, the ice cubes and milk.
- Greek frappe coffee is drunk with a straw, which is also used to mix the coffee and sugar as it stands on the bottom of the glass.