Gooey Grits Cake
I was intrigued when I came across this unusual dessert recipe. Now, ordinarily, I wouldn't think that a dessert containing grits, of all things, would be appealing. But there was a time when I thought rice was a funny choice, too, and I'm now a huge fan of rice pudding. So needless to say, I tried it and surprisingly it wasn't bad. In fact, it was sweet...maybe a little too sweet for some people, but I don't mind.
Here it is:
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup grits
- 8 oz. pack cream cheese
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat over 350 degrees farenheit (careful here, ovens may vary. Mine does, a lot!).
- Mix cake, 2 eggs, butter, and grits in a bowl.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, 2 eggs, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Spread first mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour second mixture over cake batter, then bake for 35–45 minutes (once again, ovens may vary).
- The top of the cake should be gooey.
- If you give this dessert recipe a try, I'd love to know what you think about it!
Get Your Just Desserts twice monthly at http://www.koripuckett.com/just-desserts. Tried and true dessert recipes from an average Jane who just loves experimenting with baking.
Kori Puckett may be contacted at http://www.koripuckett.com .
Kori Puckett loves baking, reading, and listening to music. Visit her web site www.KoriPuckett.com to find recipes and recipe collections, relaxation indoor fountains, and more home related information and products.