Fragrant Coconut Rice
Revision as of 17:30, 11 July 2012 by RealRecipes (Text replace - "Category:Nigerien cuisine" to "Category:Nigerian cuisine")
Makes enough for 4 people.
- 450 g / 1 lb rice
- 2 pints coconut milk
- 1 medium size fresh * 225 g/ 8 oz fresh prawns (shelled)
- 100 g / 4 oz ground crayfish
- 2 chilies (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- salt to taste
- Wash the rice and place in a large pot.
- Add the coconut milk together with the sliced chillies, onions tomatoes and salt.
- Bring to boil, reduced heat and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the ground crayfish and stir arrange the washed fish and prawns on the top, cover and cook gently for another 15 minutes until all the liquid is well absorbed.