Dolly Parton's Catfish and Fixins
A Catfish recipe.
- vegetable oil
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 1 large box Cornbread mix
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1-2 eggs
1. Heat vegetable oil in skillet.
2. Season the fish to taste. Dredge the fish pieces in buttermilk, then Cornbread mix. Deep fry fish in vegetable oil until golden brown on the bottom, turn and continue frying until the other side is golden brown. Remove from the skillet and place in warm oven.
5. Serve all of the above with cole slaw. Serves 4.