Dijon Potato Salad with Tofu Dressing
- 1/2 cup mashed silken firm tofu
- 3 tbl fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbl extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbl dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dsh paprika
- 1 dsh salt
- 2 lb new potatoes quartered medium sized
- 3 med scallions thinly sliced
- 2 x celery ribs diced
- 1/2 x red bell pepper diced
- paprika optional garnish
- Put dressing ingredients in food processor; process until smooth and creamy. Adjust the seasonings to taste. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, scrub the potatoes; add to the pot. When the water returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium; cover and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 10 to 12 minutes depending upon size. Drain well.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into quarters, transfer to a large bowl. Add the scallions, celery, and bell peppers; toss gently.
- Add the dressing and toss again.
- VARIATION: Steam new red potatoes, especially the smaller ones.