Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Make Ahead | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook 4 hr
- Makes 6 servings
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 2 lb)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 (6-oz) packages uncooked long grain and wild rice mix (like Uncle Ben's)
- 2 (14-oz) cans chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2 (10¾-oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-oz) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8-oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp butter
- Brown chicken in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; remove from pan, and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic to pan; saute 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Combine rice mix and remaining 6 ingredients in a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.