Creole Green Beans I
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup tomato juice
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- 2 can green beans (16 oz cans)
- Place oil in saucepan and heat over moderate heat.
- Add onions and celery and cook and stir until onions are soft but not browned.
- Add flour and cook until flour is absorbed by vegetables.
- Add tomato juice, salt, and pepper and cook until slightly thickened and smooth.
- Drain beans well.
- Add to hot sauce and simmer 2 minutes.
- Serve hot, using ½ cup per serving.
1 serving = ½ bread calories = 48