Revision as of 19:48, 9 May 2012 by RealRecipes (Text replace - "Category:(.*) recipes" to "Category:$1 Recipes")
Makes 6 servings
- 1 eggplant (about 1 pound), peeled and diced
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup raw peeled and deveined shrimp, minced
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ to 1 teaspoon paprika
- Combine eggplant, ½ teaspoon salt and water in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cook celery, onion and green pepper in butter in large skillet until tender-crisp.
- Stir in eggplant, rice, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp, crumbs and parsley.
- Turn into greased, shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes.