|Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of Mushroom Soup   this is great on it's own as a soup or over a casserole.
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups water or stock
- 2 cups cream or nondairy substitute
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sweet rice flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a pan simmer the stock and vegetables together for ~20 min.
- Remove vegetables and let cool for ~5 min.
- Blend/process vegetables then add back to stock.
- In another pan melt butter.
- Add sweet rice flour to melted butter by stirring.
- Include the cream with the stock by stirring it in.
- Then add to the stock to the butter/flour mixture by slowly pouring one into the other (which ever has the larger pot).
- Bring to boil, constantly stirring.
- Season to taste before serving.
- ↑ Berriedale-Johnson, Michelle (1998). The Everyday Wheat-Free & Gluten-Free Cookbook. Key Porter Books Limited. pp. 13. ISBN 1-55263-131-1.
- ↑ Hagman, Bette (1990). The Gluten-Free Gourmet Living Well Without Wheat. Henry Holt and Company, Inc.. pp. 143. ISBN 0-8050-1210-9.