Country Pork 'n' Sauerkraut
This recipe comes from Taste of Home Grandma's Favorites and was submitted by Donna Hellendrung. I like the recipe but I think I would use unsweetened applesauce and a little less than what is called for and also cut the brown sugar in half.. They were just a little to sweet for me. I like the bite of sauerkraut. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Serves 4
- 2 pounds country-style ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can sauerkraut, (14 ounces) undrained
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a dutch oven, cook ribs and onion in oil until ribs are browned and onion is tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1½ to 2 hours or until ribs are tender.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group