Cornbread with Sweet Potato
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Butter a 20 cm (9 inch) cake tin.
- Blend sweet potato, butter, eggs, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in yoghurt and cornmeal and pour into greased, lined tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven, or until a fine skewer comes out clean.
- Cool a little before turning out.
- Cut into squares to serve with meat and salad.
- Cold cornbread can be fried quickly on both sides and served as a base for grilled meat.
- It is possible to substitute pumpkin for sweet potato, but it must be a dry pumpkin.