Classic Fried Catfish
Revision as of 06:18, 21 March 2011 by Carrolbot (Robot: Changing Category:Southern Catfish Recipes)
A Catfish recipe.
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- vegetable oil
- For garnish: Sliced tomato and parsley sprigs
2. Fill deep pot or 12-inch skillet half full with vegetable oil. Heat to 350 °F. Add Catfish in single layer, and fry until golden brown, about 5 – 6 minutes, depending on size. Remove and drain on paper towels.