Citrus Curry Rice Salad
- 1 can mandarin oranges (10 oz)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp dried tarragon
- 1½ cups instant brown rice
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup sliced celery
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (can be toasted)
- ¼ cup plain non-fat yoghurt
- Drain oranges, reserving juice.
- Mix juice, water, Raisins and spices in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
- Return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spread in shallow pan. Freeze for 10 minutes (to quickly cool rice).
- Toss with remaining ingredients.