Chung Estate Beef Barley Soup
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Chung Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1987. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1 pound stew beef cut into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 14½ ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1½ cups white onion chopped
- 1½ cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ pound chopped mushrooms
- ¾ cup pearl barley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Brown stew beef in large stock pan then add garlic and onions and cook 3 minutes.
- Add water, beef broth and tomatoes then cook until beef is tender.
- Add vegetables, barley and spices then cook 45 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group