Chopped Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Original recipe
- Makes 8 servings
- 8 cups (440 g) chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) buttermilk
- ½ ounce (15 g) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) well-drained capers (optional)
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) freshly ground pepper
- Combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, celery, radishes, bell pepper, and carrot in a large salad bowl.
- Lightly toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle over salad and toss lightly to coat.
- 44 calories (28% calories from fat) | 2 g protein | 2 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat) | 7 g carbohydrates | 2 g dietary fiber | 2 mg cholesterol | 78 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: ½ carbohydrate (1½ vegetable) | ½ fat
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/