- 1 cup orange juice
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, mixed with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp paprika and ½ tsp white pepper
- 6 tsp butter or margarine
- ½ cup white wine or chicken broth
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup (11 oz) mandarin orange segments, drained
- Pour orange juice over chicken in shallow dish.
- Marinate 1 hour at room temperature or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator, turning once.
- Marinating chicken overnight increases juiciness and flavor.
- drain chicken; reserve marinade.
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 4 chicken breasts; brown on both sides and drain on paper towel; repeat with remaining chicken.
- Stir reserved marinade and wine drippings in skillet; return chicken to pan.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes; uncover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes more until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to platter; sprinkle with almonds.
- Add orange segments to sauce in skillet and heat over medium heat just until bubbly.
- Pour sauce over chicken.