Chicken Chop Suey I
Revision as of 19:31, 9 May 2012 by RealRecipes (Text replace - "Category:(.*) recipes" to "Category:$1 Recipes")
Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 x 16-ounce can fancy mixed Chinese vegetables, drained
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cut chicken in thin strips.
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Add celery, onions, spinach and Chinese vegetables; cook only until tender crisp.
- Mix cornstarch with chicken broth; add to chicken mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until clear and thickened.
- Stir in soy sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over fluffy rice.