California Avocado Tacos--5 A Day Recipe
The following recipe meets the "5 A Day for Better Health" program criteria. This means that this recipe does not exceed the following: 30% of calories from fat; 10% of calories from saturated fat; 100 mg cholesterol and 360 mg sodium per serving.
- 1 ripe California avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium Onion, julienned
- 2 large green peppers, julienned
- 2 large red peppers, julienned
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 ½ Cups fresh tomato salsa (see below)
- 12 flour tortillas
- non-stick cooking spray
- Fresh tomato Salsa
Spray skillet with cooking spray.
Cut avocado into 12 slices.
Fold tortillas and serve with Fresh tomato Salsa.