Difference between revisions of "Berry Lemon Scones"
m ((Minor) Code cleanup. Report a problem)
m (1 revision)
Revision as of 13:19, 25 March 2012
These scones are really good, they are like biscuits, and they go great with butter on them. They are a cinch to bake and make.
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbs unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbs lemon juice plus enough milk to equal 1 cup
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbs sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread a sheet of parchment paper on countertop.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add butter, mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir lemon juice milk mixture into dough, along with blueberries, lemon peel and egg until combined.
- Pat half of the dough into a 7 inch circle on one end of parchment paper. Repeat, with remaining dough, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Brush with egg white, sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut halfway down but not through each circle, 6 wedges for each round.
- Slide paper with dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake 18 min. or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Pull apart at cut lines.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
MAKES 12 SCONES.