Beef Curry Soup
This enticing soup originated in South Africa with the curry spice influence of the North
- 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large saucepan or pot, brown the beef cubes and onions in butter or margarine.
- Add the beef stock, curry and bay leaves.
- Cook at low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, vinegar, and salt.
- Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until all is tender.
- Serve hot!!