- Mix instant dry milk, sugar, cornstarch and salt into heavy saucepan and slow whisk in milk and water.
- cook, stirring over moderate heat until pudding thickens and bubbles form around edges.
- Cook 2 minutes longer stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, add vanilla to beaten egg.
- Stir in California avocado.
- Add ½ cup of hot pudding to this mixture and stir.
- Return mixture to saucepan and whisk until blended.
- Whisk in butter bits.
- Strain into 4 individual serving dishes.
- Cover with plastic and chill.