Wicked Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 pound fake chicken (such as chicken-style seitan), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 4 cups chopped napa cabbage (from 1 head)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 cups un-chicken broth
- 1 x 14-ounce package fresh yakisoba noodles or Chinese pan-fry noodles
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir chicken, soy sauce, sherry, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil in medium bowl to blend.
- Let stand 20 minutes or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Whisk garlic, tahini, ginger, sugar, vinegar, and chili sauce in small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add cabbage and green onions and sauté until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Add chicken with marinade and tahini-garlic mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add to soup in pot.
- Stir in half of cilantro.
- Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.