Wasabi Tofu Soup
For the broth:
- 6 cups water
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp cooking wine
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Namida® Wasabi paste
- 1/2 lb. (225 gms) deep fried tofu
- 1 block frozen tofu (see instructions below)
- 1/2 Cup fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup snow Peas
- 1/2 cup cabbage, cut in 1/4 inch (6 mm) squares
- 1 cup rice noodles
1) To prepare the tofu, first freeze overnight, then thaw it out.
2) Squeeze out excess water.
3) Cut into 2 inch (50 mm) squares.
4) Combine the dipping sauce ingredients.
5) Divide into six dipping bowls.
6) Heat oil in a small cooking pan.
9) Bring to a rolling boil.
10) Add the soup ingredients to the broth.
11) Bring back to a boil.
12) Reduce heat to medium low and cover.
13) Simmer for approximately twenty minutes.
15) Serve hot into serving bowls with dipping sauce