Vietnamese Corn Chowder with Crab
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups creamed corn
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup crab flaked
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup green onion thinly sliced
- Break eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Bring stock to a boil then add creamed corn, corn kernels and crab and return to boil.
- Mix corn starch with a bit of cold water and add gradually to soup to thicken.
- Dribble eggs into soup in thin stream while stirring constantly to produce egg threads.
- Serve garnished with green onion.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group