|Vegetarian Bean Soup
| American cuisine | Vegetarian Cuisine | Soups
- Pour broth and water into a 4½-quart Dutch Oven or soup pot.
- Place pot over high heat.
- While liquid is heating, add frozen vegetables, stewed tomatoes with their juices and uncooked pasta.
- Cover pot and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, rise and drain beans.
- When soup comes to a boil, uncover it and stir well. (Scrape the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen any pasta.)
- Add beans, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat to medium-high or medium, maintaining a moderate boil.
- Stir frequently and cook until pasta is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan.
- Stir occasionally and simmer for 5 minutes to develop the flavor.
- Serve at once or simmer on low until ready to serve.