Vegan Oatmeal-Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12-14 minutes
Serves: 12 small cookies
Tasty vegan oatmeal-peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons flour (unpacked)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup natural type peanut butter
- ¼ cup peanuts (salted is fine)
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Grind oats in processor.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and pulse to mix.
- Stir oil and both sugars together in a medium bowl. It’s okay to do this with a spoon – no need to pull out the electric mixer.
- Beat in applesauce, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Stir in peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
- Cool on sheets 5 minutes.
- Transfer to racks; cool completely.
- Cookies will firm up as they cool.