Two-bean Salad with Ginger-Lime Dressing
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1½ cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup chopped celery, including leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions, including 2 inches green tops
- ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook the rice.
- Cool and set aside add in the beans, mango, celery, scallions, cucumber and tomato.
- Mix gently.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Toss with the bean salad.